Friday, July 5, 2013

SCI FI FANTASY SATURDAY JULY 6: The Sister Contract, pt 2


(More SF/Fantasy snippets by cool writers at http://scififansat.blogspot.com/ )
Here’s another segment from my upcoming audio sketch, which takes place in the Dungeons & Dragons Online game.
Kastinalia is an NPC: a fighter hireling. She’s telling her friends the story of how she was contracted to guard her current employer, who happens to be her "inexperienced" younger sister, the priest Mellanda. 

The interesting thing about magical contracts: when your employer tells you to do something, you are magically compelled to obey. Mellanda doesn’t really get that. Like when they come to a door into a room that looks just a little too inviting: 

KASTINALIA: No, I mean it's a trap.
MELLANDA: Really? I'll take a look; you stay here.
SOUND FX: charm magic
KASTINALIA: No! I mean the whole room --
MELLANDA: Shh!
SOUND FX:: charm magic
SYLLIX: So you couldn't follow her in...
ANTHEM: And you couldn't warn her...
KASTINALIA: ...that she's was probably going to be --
SOUND FX: heavy gates dropping.
KASTINALIA: Locked in.

As always, comments are welcome.

I’ve tentatively charmed a member of the DDO Commmunity team and a favorite DDO podcaster into providing two of the voices. I could use a recording tutor and a few more female voices.  Anyone else want in?

9 comments:

  1. Now there's a challenge in counting sentences! Lol, I couldn't help but hear Admiral Ackbar's voice in the first line "it's a trap!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Definitely a trap. Question: Is this like a "radio play?" Because, that would be cool. I loves me a good radio-play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and Welcome to SFFSat. But, caution. The challenge is to keep it to ten sentences only! (the arbiter's eyes are ever watchful...)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to SFFSat! There's nothing like traps to keep you on your toes.

    I'd offer to help with the voice acting, but my female voice is a bit rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditto Pippa's comment. It's a trap! Exciting. So...when's the movie coming out? Hehe. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking the form - the audio podcast. Looking forward to seeing more now that the trap, or at least part of it, is sprung. That's a fun twist with the sisters too, should make for some real sibling rivalry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with S.A. Check that the audio podcast is an interesting form. A trap is always great and I can't wait to see how they get out of it. Great Snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The banter amongst them is hilarious. It has great timing. I imagine that as an audio podcast, it would deliver even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to SFFSat! What a great bit of banter.

    ReplyDelete