Friday, May 10, 2013

SCI FI FANTASY SATURDAY MAY 18: The Sister Contract

I tried posting this last week but it ran too long. I think I was counting lines, not sentences. Here is a trimmed version.  It's from a rare finished project of mine: an audio skit that ta kes place in the Dungeons & Dragons Online game.

Kastinalia is an NPC: a fighter hireling. She’s telling her friends the story of how she was summoned into a crypt by her current employer, who turns out to be her "inexperienced" younger sister, the priest Mellanda. 

As always, comments are welcome. I’m also looking for volunteers who are good with voices and making recordings.

MELLANDA: Of course it's dangerous; why else would I need a fighter?

KASTINALIA: Fine, I'll complete the contract; but first I'm going to have the party leader send you home.

MELLANDA: You can't do that.

KASTINALIA: I have to. 

MELLANDA: No, I mean you really can't do that.

KASTINALIA: Mother always said it's my job to look out for you, and when I tell the leader --

MELLANDA: Kasti, do you see a party? It's just the two of us.

[pause]

KASTINALIA: We're so dead.


(For more snippets by cool writers, go to http://scififansat.blogspot.com/)

7 comments:

  1. Interesting...not sure I've seen a script in all my time with the SFFS crew...reads well and a nice gotcha in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! And then what?? Love the last line. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with T.M. - enjoying the script snippet and it's always fun to read dialogue in script form. Great banter between these two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. It's always interesting to see how much emotion and information can be conveyed just through dialogue. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like they've somehow been sucked into the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that this reads very well. I can hear their voices quite easily and it rings true with sister interactions.

    ReplyDelete